Colder weather demands that you substitute summer to winter tyres. However, many people are unaware of these types of tyres. These tyres are mandatory for people living in certain places. But what makes them so important?
If you are planning to choose Winter tyres Bolton, then it makes sense for you to know what makes it unique. It is also a good idea for you to know what to keep in mind if you are considering buying them for the winter months ahead.
How Are Winter Tyres Made?
Winter tyres have a soft structure. It is mainly because of the greater content of natural rubber in it. These kinds of tyres do not get hard when the temperature drops. Thus, you benefit from a better grip and can stop at a lesser distance.
Winter tyres also have ‘sipes.’ These are very small slits in the tyre’s tread blocks. These slits are developed to pick up ice or snow which, in turn, allows the tyre to firmly stick to the snow that is on the surface.
Winter Tyres – Fast Facts
If you are considering buying Tyres Bolton then these bite-sized facts will help you make the right decision.
- When the temperatures drop below 7 degrees Celsius, winter tyres enhance not only handling, but also safety. It is primarily designed to preserve malleability during cold weathers.
- If you have decided that you will be the owner of your vehicle for some time greater than five years, you will need to purchase two tyre sets. One that comes with your vehicle, and the other to be substituted when the previous one wears out. Purchasing winter tyres can increase the longevity of your all-season tyres.
- Winter tyres usually come with a speed rating that is lesser than summer tyres. However, it will still be above the UK speed limits. So, you can stop the worry of driving gradually with these tyres. You have a greater grip on them.
- Winter tyres are rising in popularity. Nowadays, they are being produced in more sizes than before. They are also available in run-flats for those cars that run on run-flat technology. Thus, you can avail a lot of variety in them.
- Your life is precious, but you do not need to burn a hole in your pocket while getting tyres. They come in an array of affordable options. The best part? Although inexpensive, they are certainly of the highest quality.
Winter tyres can be a great investment for those living in areas known for their extreme weather.
Something to Remain Careful of
As the temperature lowers, the pressure of your tyres also goes down. Hence, do not forget to check your tyre pressure regularly. At the same time, do not neglect the spare tyre. If the temperature in your area changes often, it becomes even more important to check the pressure.
Did you know that sudden temperature shifts can make the tyres lose around 2 to 5 pounds square inch of pressure? So, checking their pressure should be on your list of priorities.
Winter tyres are mandatory in many colder parts of the world. Are you preparing for a snowy season ahead? install an ideal set of winter tyres in your vehicle and have a hassle-free driving experience this winter.